Wednesday 4 July 2007

Stage 7, Bourg-en-Bresse - Le-Grand-Bornand, 197 kms, Wed 4th July

34 x 27...my favourite numbers. They represent the smallest gear I have on my bike and I spent most of my time riding up the Col de Colombiere in that gear, it was tough and harder than it's supposed 6.8 average gradient would suggest. It is steeper than that.

Stage completed, but it poured down and was freezing at the end, there is fresh snow on the peaks and we are wondering about the Col du Galibier for stage 9 which is apparently above the snowline.....

Everyone tired...Matt mumbling stuff about sores and not starting tomorrow.

Good meal tonight, but feels like a ski resort in February at the moment. This is supposed to be July and we have freakish weather a bit like the rest of Europe it seems.

Lets hope the weather improves.

Mark, 11pm, in dark, 4th July.


Stats and Google Earth link here

No comments: